Thursday, August 20, 2009

Easy Steps to remove "Read More" , Published by author - Drupal 6

One of the ticket raised in Drupal community was, how to remove the "Read More" link & "Published by Author" with date for a story / page while listing the stories in the website. I just digged the code for exactly 1 min and found an easy solution. Drupal 6 is as good as you think good. But really speaking its really damn good. I went to the garland folder present in the themes folder. I just removed the below two blocks and saved the node.tpl.php file.


<?php if ($submitted): ?>
<span class="submitted"><?php print $submitted; ?></span>
<?php endif; ?>


<?php if ($links): ?>
<div class="links"><?php print $links; ?></div>
<?php endif; ?>


I definitely hope that this might have solve his issue who has raised it in Drupal Themes community. If you feel any issues, please let me know I will try to help as much as possible.

3 comments:

  1. This worked great for me...tried a couple other ones and they didnt get the job done but this one was quick and painless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny... it dosen't display the whole article by doing so, you you'll have no way to read the rest of the article. Any way to display the whole article instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry for the late reply, but actually my intention was not have "Read More" at all.

      Delete